ESET endpoint security installed in PC but not communicating with ESET PROTECT

Hello everyone.

I installed the latest version of ESET Endpoint Security (version 11.0.2044.0) on a PC but still I cannot see it on ESET Protect Console.

Ι uninstalled the product and installed it again but still I get the same problem.

The product is running without any problem locally. The only problem is that we cannot communicate with the PC through ESET Protect.

Is there any idea why this may happen?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

• Administrators

You should find more information about possible errors in C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html and trace.log.

• Administrators

Status.html should clearly state what the problem is. You can upload the logs here for perusal. Attachments are accessible only by ESET staff.

• Administrators

Please check if DNS resolves eset.ipXXXXXXio.local on the machine (some letters in the actual hostname were obfuscated with X).

• Administrators

It will be necessary to check a pcap log with the network communication captured during an attempt to contact the ESET PROTECT server by the agent, hence I'd recommend raising a support ticket for help with further troubleshooting:

ERROR: InitializeConnection: Initiating replication connection to 'host: "eset.ipXXXXXXio.local" port: 2222' failed with: Response for request of type DeviceSessionTokenRequest (request id: 40120) was not received in time

I can create a pcap file log via Wireshark.
Any idea how can I trigger the client to contact ESET PROTECT server?

Furthermore, I would like some help about how to raise a support ticket.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

• Administrators

You can raise a support ticket by going through the troubleshooting wizard at https://go.eset.com/contact-support/.

In order to create a pcap log, apply an agent policy that will set 1-minute interval for replication and let Wireshark log the communication for 2-3 minutes to ensure that a connection attempt will be logged.