Per hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3509 :

"SysRescue is not able to clean detected threats in Windows Vista 64-bit, and Windows 8/8.1

Due to the file-system architecture of these operating systems, ESET SysRescue Live cannot clean threats detected during scanning. An updated version of SysRescue Live with the ability to remove threats on these operating systems will be available soon."

My questions are:

1) Is there any estimated timetable for the release of the updated version of SysRescue Live?

2) In the meantime, what would ESET recommend to clean an infection detected by SysRescue Live on a 64-bit Windows 8.1 machine?  (I don't have an infection on my system presently, but would like to know how to proceed should I have to use SysRescue Live.)

I don't exactly know what the issue is (Note that it there is an issue with Windows Vista x64 and Windows 8/8.1 (regardless whether it's 32 or 64bit), so it doesn't affect 64bit systems generally.

But it seems as there was no update released until now.

However I haven't tried to run ESET SysRescue Live on Windows Vista 64bit or Windows 8/8.1 and so I don't know what (doesn't) happen there...

Maybe you can just try it on these systems and you'll see whether it works or not...