ClevX DriveSecurity version 3

rugk

It was already announced but now it has gone reality. The USB antivirus ClevX DriveSecurity (powered by ESET) is available in v3 now!

post-3952-0-78119400-1423170927_thumb.png

It seems as there were mostly background changes, but there are also other nice new things. E.g. ClevX made a complete new website and they made it possible to buy licenses for several USBs and save money!

So have a look on it:

Go to site

Of course I will test this out, so stay tuned! :D

Edited by rugk

• 1 month later...

Hi rugk, is it really working? i mean the clevx protection? does it really operated inside the thumbdrive and scan every files that copied into and already present in the thumbdrive? It seems promising

And, clevx are totally different company than ESET right? So ESET didnt sell it right? 

*UPDATE: Sorry, just read previous thread and it seems to answer all of my question

Edited by khairulaizat92

Well... it's working. It just scans all files written to the USB drive, but of course it has no self-defense or other features and it doesn't run with/need admin rights.

Yes the companies are different. They are only partnered.

About selling there is another point that has changed in v 3.0: Maybe you already read that ClevX DriveSecurity was preinstalled on a few USB devices. On these devices the latest version you can run is v 2.18. This version is also the latest downloadable from the ESET website.

ClevX DriveSecurity v3 is a kind of "incompatible" with these old version, i.e. if you want to run it on a preinstalled USB drive you have to buy a new license and can't use the preinstalled one. But you can downgrade at any time of course.

Well... it's working. It just scans all files written to the USB drive, but of course it has no self-defense or other features and it doesn't run with/need admin rights.

Yes the companies are different. They are only partnered.

About selling there is another point that has changed in v 3.0: Maybe you already read that ClevX DriveSecurity was preinstalled on a few USB devices. On these devices the latest version you can run is v 2.18. This version is also the latest downloadable from the ESET website.

ClevX DriveSecurity v3 is a kind of "incompatible" with these old version, i.e. if you want to run it on a preinstalled USB drive you have to buy a new license and can't use the preinstalled one. But you can downgrade at any time of course.

Ah haa..thanks for the answer, well it seems promising, however it still need an improvement, but i understand, it might be the limitation of the current knowledge and technology maybe. 

I have test it, and at first, im looking for the check for update to update to the latest definition available, but then i realize it update automatically (this has been stated before). But as Rugk said, it itself didnt have any self protection. Let says if the thumbdrive are infected by well known shortcut viruses, Which hidden the user files and duplicate it by it self (Worm). It might be useless before you launch it. But as the general concept that, prevention is better than cure, so it make me feels a little disappoint. 

And it also needed to be launch manually huh? When you click log off button, then there will be no more protection for your thumbdrive. Any way, the concept is there, and its really interesting, hope one day, this project will improved a lot.

Yeah, you're right this are mostly technically limitations.

I don't know if you read through my feedbacks, but I mentioned similar ideas in my first feedback to DriveSecurity. You can look there to get some answers.

However here are the short answers:

• With the old versions you could manually update. With v3 this doesn't seems to be possible anymore.
  • No and it also doesn't autostart. With the pre-installed (encrypted) USB drives it started (and still starts if you install the new version of them) automatically.