Mobile Security for Android - detection

Guest slavka

Hi, I'm researching Mobile Security for Android and am a bit lost in its description. All available ESET websites mention great technologies like DNA detection and detection using machine learning and behaviour-based detection using sandboxing. I'm interested in knowing if any of those are also used in your mobile security app. I'm searching if any type of advanced malware detection other than a simple signature check is done on Android devices. The mentioned technologies sound like they are performing some sort of heuristic-based detection, and sandboxing is some sort of behavior-based detection. I am interested in this topic as I know that, for, e.g. behaviour detection is much harder to do on Android-based devices due to sandboxing, permissions, resources, etc., and I wanted to know if it is possible as I know that many times malware detection on Android consist only of simple signature check.

• Administrators

Unfortunately protection and detection capabilities are limited on Android which are caused by OS limitations, battery consumption, CPU performance, etc.

Guest slavka

Limited means we are talking about simple signature-based detection using static features, or are we talking about the combination of signatures with combination with some heuristic rules? Thanks for reply.

• Administrators

I mean there is nothing like code emulator or generic unpacker known as Advanced heuristics on Windows. However, we use generic detections on Android, Linux and MacOS a lot too.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.