Every time I start the PC, an Nvidia container requests access.

Hi folks,
I've been using an Nvidia graphics card for a few days now.
My Eset firewall is set to interactive.
Every time I start the PC, an Nvidia container requests access.
I allow this permanently, but at the next start it wants access to other addresses again. It is not like other programs where you give permission once and it remains permanently open or blocked and never asks again.
Every Windows start means a query from Nvidia Container.
That is annoying.
How can I allow the Nvidia container permanent access?
Looking forward to the tips.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

snap353.jpg

snap352.jpg

• Administrators

It could be there are more hard links / aliases for a particular executable. What's the output of running the command:
fsutil hardlink list C:\Windows\System32\NVDisplay.Container.exe

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

fsutil hardlink list C:\Windows\System32\NVDisplay.Container.exe

File not found on my PC.

I have a nVidia graphics card with nVidia drivers installed. The only like file on my PC running is NVContainer.exe located in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_866484083fc526af\Display.NvContainer directory.

As a rule, I never install GeForce Experience. This System32 directory based NVDisplay.Container.exe file might be related to that.

However, I know that NVContainer.exe "dials out' on my PC on every system startup to IP address, 152.199.20.80.

• Administrators

The file may be in a subfolder of system32 since the whole path is not visible in the screenshot. I assumed it was directly in system32.

13 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The file may be in a subfolder of system32 since the whole path is not visible in the screenshot. I assumed it was directly in system32.

I found it. It's located here, C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_866484083fc526af\Display.NvContainer

Also due to Nvidia's aggressive telemetry processing. it may be being re-created in System32 directory and then deleted after system startup.

In any case, good luck on trying to allow it via Eset firewall rule for process detection. There are other forum postings on this and none succeeded.

Since it can be blocked by a firewall rule for IP address, 152.199.20.80, a rule can be created to allow the IP address which is risky.

NVDisplay.Container.exe

Sorry,

that was the wrong container, he only asked once.
The real trouble is caused by "nvcontainer.exe".
The nvcontainer asks daily.
I now allow it on every PC start and hope that eventually all PID's and remote computers will be allowed and it won't be annoying anymore.

The rules all look the same.

translated with deepl

snap354.jpg

snap355.jpg

snap356.jpg