Is eraserver still using libssl1.1 in ubuntu 22.04.3?

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

Hi there!

i Have an interesting issue when i try updating my components on my server.

First i want to update my mysql server from 8.0.33 to 8.0.36 but it have conflicts, so i need to remove the community edition then reinstall it.

If im done with it the package manager remove the unused packages whitch is the libssl1.1 and the mysql-community-client plugins.

When it occurs, the eraserver can't be started cause it can't find the libmyodbc8w.so , so it can't connect to the mysql server.

I tried updating the odbc driver to pair with the mysql version (the current version is 8.0.17) reinstall the libssl1.1 from dpgk but nothing changes. lastly i rollbacked my whole server to before i updated my mysql server.

thats happened with the 10.1.24.1 version, now im updated to 11.0.199.0 without any issue but im confused if i shoud update my components or leave it as it is

My guess is the eraserver still using the libssl1.1 not libssl3

Please confirm it for me it still occurs in the 11. versions or not or im missing something.

The following packages have unfulfilled dependencies:
 mysql-common : Conflicts with: mysql-client-8.0 but only 8.0.36-0ubuntu0.22.04.1 can be installed
                Conflicts with: mysql-client-core-8.0 but only 8.0.36-0ubuntu0.22.04.1 can be installed
 mysql-server : Depends on: mysql-community-server (= 8.0.33-1ubuntu20.04) but it is not marked for installation

Thank you.

S.

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

As per kb8515 ESET PROTECT 11.0+ should be capable of running on OpenSSL3+ based linux distributions, but there are certain limitations in certificates is is actually using, especially in case older operating systems are being managed in the network.

As you mentioned, there is a problem with MySQL ODBC driver, which is probably still using using older openssl or other dependencies are missing (might be verified for example using ldd command line utility). If this is the case, I would recommend to "consult" with documentation of MySQL ODBC driver or linux distribution, depending of the source of the used ODBC driver. It is possible later version of ODBC driver will be required to be used, or dependency will have to be resolved otherwise.

Okay, thank you for your answer i will halt my updates for a little time to avoid unnecessary issues.

S.