Turned off all license notifications and they keep coming

I've clicked the unsubscribe button on the popup on 3 different computers several times per day for the last several days.

I've gone into advanced setup and unchecked all of the licensing checkboxes. Yet still, I am nagged that my license has expired on one and about to expire on others.

Don't call me, I'll call you. How do I permanently disable all nags?

• Administrators

Unfortunately you didn't provide any screenshots nor mentioned what ESET product you use. Are you a home user or an administrator of larger company network?

Posted (edited)

Multiple times per day on this computer. Clicking that unsubscribe (click here) on the popup does nothing. It is broken. The checkboxes that are unchecked, I did several days ago myself in the settings and confirmed they are still unchecked when the popup shows.

Worse yet, the popups are showing on top of a borderless full screen game window, interrupting the game and causing issues with deaths ingame.

image.thumb.png.197c2c73ee1a3dfed63cc009c455b492.png

Edited by Jedis

• Administrators

Also what is the purpose of having an antivirus with expired license that doesn't protect you from current threats? As itman wrote, you should either renew your license or uninstall ESET.

Posted (edited)

I am waiting for the new one to be delivered.

The app should honor the "click here" bit or remove it, as it doesn't work and is broken.

Edited by Jedis

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 11:36 AM, Marcos said:

Also what is the purpose of having an antivirus with expired license that doesn't protect you from current threats? As itman wrote, you should either renew your license or uninstall ESET.

What is the purpose of having notification settings to disable them and they don't work? I am dealing with the exact same issue and I AM still subscribed to eset and it's still bugging almost daily to renew. I already know my renew date at the beginning of april and prefer to wait till then to renew. I have disabled all notifications for renewal and I even click the little pop up notification renewal window that literally says to disable these notifications and it still doesn't disable it. So again what is the point of having permissions for notifications if your program is going to ignore user settings and again I am still subscribed. If i turn off notifications I shouldn't be bugged almost everyday, 10-15 days before it expires. It is annoying and I have been reporting it for years. I finally just had to create a forum account just to complain about it. I am using home internet security on the current version of windows 10.

Edited by chewy

I may just take the administrators advice and not renew and just uninstall eset, if that is the way their customer service is gonna respond to a genuine problem with their program.

• Administrators

Notifications about upcoming license expiration cannot be disabled, otherwise it could happen that users will remain unprotected and may get infected if they don't renew the license on time.

If you don't auto-renew your license, you could suppress all desktop notifications by disabling them in the advanced setup:

image.png