Surface Pro 9 FDE

NobelDwarf
Go to solution Solved by Kstainton,

Hi,

Not sure if you know but I just like to post about it here. I am setting up a new Surface Pro 9 with UEFI Firmware 12.200.143.0 then started the FDE which made the system no longer able to boot which just shows a flashing Windows logo.

Going by this forum post it seems to have the same issue once I turn off Secure Core it allows it to boot but if it's turned on it stops it from booting, is this the same bug with the Surface Pro 9 as it was with the Surface Laptop 5?

Thanks

• ESET Staff
Posted (edited)

Hi @NobelDwarf,

So when 'Secured Core' is disabled, does it function as expected? If so, then yes, it will be the same issue.

Thank you.

Edited by Kstainton

1 minute ago, Kstainton said:

Hi @Kstainton,

It's using FDE V1.4.58.0 with End Point Security V11.0.2044.0.

The first issue I had before it started to encrypt was that issue you linked in your last post which allowed the encryption process to start but then it restarted to do the system check which started the flashing Windows Logo until I turned off Secure Core.

Thanks

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Hi @NobelDwarf,

Yes it sounds exactly the same in that case, and we are still currently researching this with MS to see what can be done in future. But for now, 'Secured Core' will have to be disabled to function with EFDE / EEE.

Thank you,

Kieran