[ask] Engine Databases and versions

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

I would like to inquire about the official ESET website link where I can find information regarding the release dates and versions of the detection engine for ESET Endpoint Security over the past year. 

Thank you for your assistance.

I noticed there are many database versions. How does the update process work? In the case of a new release, is it updated automatically, or is there a scheduled periodic check for updates from application eset ES? Are there settings in the policies to configure the update checks periodic? I ask this because I observed that the database versions on the notebooks we manage differ

• Administrators

ESET products check for a newer update in 1 hour intervals by default. Besides that, they download so-called pico updates every few minutes automatically.

I'm currently working on generating a report regarding the update status of ESET installations across several notebooks within our network. I'd like to accurately identify which notebooks are running outdated versions of the software. However, I'm uncertain about the best criteria to use for this determination.

Should a version be considered outdated if it's a certain number of versions behind the most current release? Or, would it be more appropriate to define "out-of-date" based on whether the software hasn't been updated within a specific timeframe, such as the past few days or weeks?

I'm looking for insights or best practices on how to effectively define and identify outdated ESET versions to ensure our systems remain secure and up-to-date. Any advice or experiences you could share on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

SS update Eset.png

• Administrators

The engine is reported outdated after 7 days by default. You can customize this setting in the advanced update setup:
image.png