Device control - More verbosity

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

I managed to create a group and a rule in the device control module to allow mounting an USB stick storage.

Can I enable more logs verbosity to see activities logs (like read, remove, modified files) done by current user (me) on the USB stick storage (in the "Tools > Logs files > Device control")

I did set the following settings :

• Setup > Advanced setup > Protections > Device control, edit my allowed rule and set Verbose level on Always
  • Setup > Advanced setup > Tools > Log files > set Minimum logging verbosity on Diagnostic
  • Setup > Advanced setup > Tools > Diagnostics > Enable Enable Device control advanced logging

So far, I'm not seeing advanced logs activity in the device control log viewer.

I'm using ESET Endpoint Security v11.0.2032.0 (with ESET Protect Advanced trial license)

Thank you for your support

Edited by Chopa
Adding more details to version used and license

• Administrators

Diagnostic logging can be enabled only temporarily in client details where you can subsequently view them:

image.png

The menu's layout on your screenshot doesn't look the same I have in ESET Endpoint Security v11.0.2032.0. So far, I can't enable the logs of modified/accessed files on a USB storage from log viewer (even temporarily).

• Administrators
  • Solution

The screenshot is from the ESET PROTECT console, not from Endpoint.