11.0.2032.0 block some old nas excel file access

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi:

we have a customer with endpoint antivirus 11.0.2032.0. they said they can not open some excel files at an old nas. I remote login to one of these pc and found the situation is very strange:

1. only some excel files can not open.  most files are ok.  excel (version office 2019 installed at win11) said it can not find the file.

2. the file can be opened if disable eset. I try to find out which option is affecting. and I found I need to disable "real-time file system protection" => "network drives"

3. I try to access the file with UNC path or mapping the path to a disk number (like P:). the result is the same.

4. eset didn't report any thing when excel can not open the file.

5. I copy the file to local disk or to another file server, the file can be opened correctly.

6. I downgrade to 10.1.2058.0 and everything is fine.

• Administrators
  • Solution

Yes, this is a known bug which will be fixed in the next hotfix of Endpoint v11. In the mean time disabling network drives in the real-time protection setup can be used as a workaround.

14 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Yes, this is a known bug which will be fixed in the next hotfix of Endpoint v11. In the mean time disabling network drives in the real-time protection setup can be used as a workaround.

Thanks for the quick response! I didn't see similar posts at forum. or I will prevent 11.0.2032.0 upgrade...

• 3 weeks later...