Secure Browser startup procedure

Guest Johan de Kock (sunjomar)

Guest Johan de Kock (sunjomar)

Good day. I require assistance with setting up the ESET Secure Browser option. During the setup of ESET, I discovered that the Web Control and Secure Browser tools did not work well with my current setup, mostly using the Google Workspace platform on the Google Chrome browser. I subsequently abandoned the use of Web Control and limited the use of Secure Browser to only a few websites where I do live transactions (e g online banking, share trading and investment platforms). I subsequently open about 9x Chrome windows each with multiple Chrome tabs each outside the Secure Browser and 1x Secure Browser with about 5x Chrome tabs for these live transactions.

During the startup of my PC, I simply re-open Chrome and relaunch the latest Chrome windows. The 1x Secure Browser is however not added to this history. I then open Secure Browser from the system tray. Despite listing the mentioned 5x Chrome tabs in the Startup procedure of the Secure Browser, only the default tab opens. I then have to open each of the tabs by hand.

How can I (automatically) (1) run the Secure Browser directly from the Win'10 Startup folder (using a command script) and (2) open Secure Browser excluding the default tab and including the mentioned 5x Chrome tabs? Are there any other (more effective) ways to (1) automate the startup procedure or (2) use Secure Browser in this environment?

• Administrators

You should have a desktop shortcut "ESET Safe Banking & Browsing". Just add it to the Startup folder to open automatically when Windows starts:

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thanks

Thank you very much, Marco. Now that ESET Secure Browser opens automatically on startup, how do I automatically open the mentioned "(2) open Secure Browser excluding the default tab and including the mentioned 5x Chrome tabs?"

• Administrators

If you launch the secured isolated browser via the ESET Safe Banking & Browsing desktop shortcut and enable the setting to open previous tabs open, they will open automatically the next time you open the browser via the desktop shortcut.

Guest Thank you very much.

Thank you very much, Marcos 👍 It worked fine. And I now only added a mouse click via AHK to close the extra tab. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MS Edge iso Google Chrome

Today something strange is going on. I restart my PC. Now ESET Secure Browser opens in MS Edge instead of Google Chrome. Despite Google Chrome being my default browser and MS Edge being disabled. How can I change this "association" back to Google Chrome?

• Administrators

What secured browser opens via the desktop icon "ESET Safe Banking & Browsing" depends on the default browser set in Windows:

image.png

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MS Edge iso Google Chrome

My setup is similar (just Google Chrome) but the ESET Secure Browser opens in MS Edge iso Google Chrome. Can I somewhere reset ESET Secure Browser to link to Google Chrome?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.