Ivanti Connect Secure VPN Issue - ESET 17

Hello,

Please your support as there is an issue with ivanti connect secure vpn when setup or update eset to v17.

Host check fails and it seems that eset v17 isn't compatible with the vpn.

When downgrade to eset v16 all works perfect again.

• Administrators

We are not aware of any such issues with v17. Please try to narrow it down to a particular protection module or setting and raise a support ticket for help with further troubleshooting.

21 minutes ago, Marcos said:

We are not aware of any such issues with v17. Please try to narrow it down to a particular protection module or setting and raise a support ticket for help with further troubleshooting.

Dear Marcos,

I get the attached error when using eset v17 immediately, but when disable real time protection as attached in the second screenshot, vpn works as expected without any problems.

eset v16 and older versions don't have this issue.

I've tried many times and on many devices and all had this issue when using eset v17 only.

1111111111.png

2222222222.png

Edited by RTX 5090
rearrange

Just now, Marcos said:

Disabling real-time protection activates Windows Defender which seems to be a prerequisite to run the VPN.

Now I downgraded to v16 again and all works as expected while real time protection is enabled, so it's related to v17.

• Administrators

Honestly I have no clue how the VPN performs the AV check, however, it looks as though it was checking if Defender is running which is not when ESET's real-time protection is enabled no matter if v16 or v17 is installed.

Just now, Marcos said:

Honestly I have no clue how the VPN performs the AV check, however, it looks as though it was checking if Defender is running which is not when ESET's real-time protection is enabled no matter if v16 or v17 is installed.

Could be a new implemented/updated settings with v17 which lead to this issue.

Eset v16 and older versions disable Windows Defender also but there is no issue with vpn host check.

Honestly, this is the first time to have this issue with eset.

Currently me and my colleagues are forced to downgrade to eset v16 as this issue affects our work but please we need your urgent support so we can update to latest version when this issue resolved.

• Administrators

My understanding is that the VPN needs to be updated in order to recognize v17. Have you tried contacting their technical support?

12 minutes ago, Marcos said:

My understanding is that the VPN needs to be updated in order to recognize v17. Have you tried contacting their technical support?

Dear Marcos,

Yes but with no avail.

It's worth mentioning that some other antivirus application has been updated recently on other devices with my friends and none of them has the above issue when tries to access the vpn.

Only, any device with Eset v17 has this issue unfortunately which leaded us to downgrade to v16.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Marcos said:

The issue needs to be primarily investigated by Ivanti since we don't know how it internally works.

Dear Marcos,

I tried many times to reach their support to check with them but have no luck unfortunately.