New Activation License has already expired when trying to renew?

Hi, i recently bought an ESET Internet Security box from my local retailer in Canada and i was trying to renew my license with the activation code before my current one expires soon but it said that the new license had already expired. 

I had contacted my retailer twice about this in the last few days and they are still currently looking into it but i am confused on why the license failed. the box did not look like it had been re-used so i'm not sure why the license did not work. I was told ESET activation keys also do not expire? I did notice that they call it ESET Home Essentials now but i don't know if that makes a difference. I'm currently using ESET Internet Security 16.2.15.0.

Does anybody know what could be wrong?

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please drop me a personal message with the activation key from the box.

hi i sent a message with the activation key. is there a way to determine if the code is still active or if the code was previously used or had expired?

• Administrators

Yes, it expired about 2 months ago. It is possible that the retail shop had the box for too long on store, however, they must issue you a valid activation key if you reach out to them.

22 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Yes, it expired about 2 months ago. It is possible that the retail shop had the box for too long on store, however, they must issue you a valid activation key if you reach out to them.

Hi, thanks for letting me know this. I will let the retailer know this information. I had made the order online so it was shipped to me out one of their warehouses