Keepass and Banking & Payment Protection

Hi

How to use my password manager "Keepass" in "Banking & Payment Protection"
I had no problem with version 16, and it no longer works with version 17.

• Administrators

Are you referring to the secure browser opened via the ESET Safe Banking & Browsing icon on the desktop or the standard secured browser? Do you have the extension installation mode set to "all extensions" or "essential extensions" in the advanced setup?

Are you referring to the secure browser opened via the ESET Safe Banking & Browsing icon on the desktop or the standard secured browser? Do you have the extension installation mode set to "all extensions" or "essential extensions" in the advanced setup?

Hi Marcos

yes I am referring to ESET Safe Banking & Browsing.
Keepas does not use an extension. There is a field fill with a key combination.
With version 17, I can no longer fill in the fields.

Safe banking breaks KeePass auto-type functionality, instead use Copy User Name (ctrl-B) and paste the value in the browser, Copy Password (ctrl-C) and paste the value in the browser.

kp.jpg.7b1c93ee91be193c7f7a8a6d719f9184.jpg

Sincerely I wouldn't use Safe Banking, it opens the browser with a default clean profile, default FF settings are not the best from a privacy/security perspective.

"Sincerely I wouldn't use Safe Banking, it opens the browser with a default clean profile, default FF settings are not the best from a privacy/security perspective."

Agree totally.

• ESET Staff

Can you please describe how you were using KeePass? I tested Ctrl + B / Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V (via shortcut or icons) in Chrome, Firefox and Edge, but everything works as expected,

KeePass has an auto-type function, generally it's the most used since it require only two clicks: one on the open url icon an the other on the auto-type icon.

kpat.jpg.7021741123d27e68b7bbd070f75aa7d3.jpg

Auto-type has another useful option, the obfuscation.

kpat2.jpg.35094b90bbf46515bebff65d61df41b4.jpg

Since Safe Banking controls the secured browser clipboard and memory, KeePass is unable to perform the auto-type function (as expected), only the manual copy-paste works.

I didn't tested the KP auto-type after disabling "clipboard protection" under browser protection setup.

• ESET Staff

Ok, thanks for details. But when I tested it this way, it also works for me (at least for Firefox). Can you confirm that this scenario doesn't work for you?

If it doesn't work, please try:

• Restart PC
  • Login on different browsers (Firefox/Edge/Chrome)
  • Login to 2-3 sites (to verify that it's not an issue of specific website/input combinations)

and let me know. Thanks