Weird problem on ESET Home site

GuestWillB

I was attempting to set up ESET Home on my new laptop, but every time I log in it only shows "Your session has expired due to inactivity". I've tried clearing the cache and refreshing, even different browsers and accounts but this problem won't go away. 

Working fine here, if you have an adblocker or any extension that may interfere with website loading such as ghostery and whatnot, make sure you exclude ESET's site from it.

Also, to tule out any possible problems with browser extensions, try opening a New Private Window/In cognito window of your browser which shouldn't have any extensions then try to login and see if the issue still persists.

Same issue here on one laptop. I've tried other browsers and on private as well. I'm still getting the same message. I did not have trouble with my three other computers.  

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, PnP said:

Good morning me too have the same problem... cannot login in my eset page... 

What error are you getting? Even if no browser extensions are loaded? Did you try other browsers as well?

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, PnP said:

fix it... the problem in my case was regional format... thanks

Please post a screenshot of the regional settings that you had to change in order to be able to log in. How was it set before?

• Administrators

There is likely a problem loading JavaScript for some reason. Are you able to log in to ESET HOME via our Android application https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eset.myeset ?

If so, please provide:

Also please answer these questions:

• Does it work if you try another browser not based on Chromium, such as Opera or Firefox?
  • If you have more devices in the network, does the problem occur on all of them?
  • Does it make a difference if you try to log in on your mobile phone:
    a) when connected to your home wi-fi
    b) when disconnected from your wi-fi and connected to the Internet via your mobile carrier?

P_EHOME-15543

I had this same issue - I had to change the time on my computer! Go to date & time settings and ensure your timezone is set correctly and all the other settings on that screen as well as your region (in language settings).

I am setting up a new desktop computer and i am getting "Your session has expired due to inactivity" every time i put in my username and password.  i can log into my eset account on all other computers.  Please help!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Todd Carter said:

I am setting up a new desktop computer and i am getting "Your session has expired due to inactivity" every time i put in my username and password.  i can log into my eset account on all other computers.  Please help!

Please make sure that you have a correct system date and time set.

On 11/22/2023 at 3:23 PM, PnP said:

fix it... the problem in my case was regional format... thanks

Thanks very much! I have a new computer and noticed that the date was one day ahead, but didn't think much about it. Turns out that was the problem!!