When saving PDFs, random (sequential) characters are printed instead of what is typed

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Strange one here, Eset Internet Security 16.2.15.0, Microsoft Edge (latest version) with Adobe PDF integration enabled. Reports from multiple separate customers, all with EIS in common, no such reports from EES customers.

PDF opens in Edge and is presented correctly. When the user tries to save the open PDF, the normal save dialogue opens, when they type the filename, random characters are printed instead of what they are actually typing. These random characters are sequential in relation to the keyboard i.e. they could type "testing" and "qwertyu" will be printed, sometimes text will start from a different part of the keyboard. It is as if it is obfuscating what is typed to prevent a keylogger from being able to work. Text I type using my Teamviewer remote connection appears fine, it is only the local keyboard that is affected. 

Whilst the save box is open, text typed anywhere on the computer is incorrect, as soon as the save box is closed it works ok. 

I have found it hard to find info on this, I lost the reference but found that years ago similar behaviour was attributed to ESET so I removed ESET and it started working ok. I reinstalled and it continued to work ok. 

Does anyone know if this could be ESET related and a quicker fix? 

Thanks

Edited by PuterCare

5 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please switch to the pre-release update channel in the advanced setup and try again.

I will try that the next time it is reported, in this case I had to uninstall and reinstall. Is this a known issue with a pre-release fix? 

Another thing, I am unable to install EIS from winget, fails to match hash and also installing from the new app store in Intune fails but I am not sure why. 

16 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please switch to the pre-release update channel in the advanced setup and try again.

The user reported the issue returned this morning so I switched to pre-release, updated, and it fixed it so I guess it is a known Eset issue and your devs are working on it. Thanks