Verify subscription in ESET Home prompt in ESET

Chas4

I go and log into ESET Home but I see nothing to do with verify. 

This is the box that shows in the overview with Version 17.0.15 right under you are protected

• Administrators

Please post a screenshot for clarification as well as the public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX that appears under Help and support.

This only showed after the update from version 16.x to version 17.0.15

Screenshot2023-11-15080604.jpg.5b80579209290d00de325da290fb1086.jpg

ESET Home list it still as good though mid April 2024, there is no verify link and the Verify Subscription link in ESET just takes you to the ESET Home home page

Same thing here after the V16 to V17 upgrade.  I haven't followed the link to the Home account to verify but multiple people here already say there is nothing there.

This, if required, will be a nightmare.  I have dozens of installs between family, friends and work.  Most don't even have the Home account setup as it's never been required.

Clarification from ESET is needed.

image.png

• Administrators

If you are getting the above message, please supply me with "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\License\license.lf" via a personal message.

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If you are getting the above message, please supply me with "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\License\license.lf" .

@MarcosI sent the file in a message to you

• Administrators

Please try rebooting the machine. The license key didn't contain information about the license owner ID, this should be fixed after a reboot.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

Please try rebooting the machine. The license key didn't contain information about the license owner ID, this should be fixed after a reboot.

I did reboot after the update to Version 17.0.15 do I need to reboot a 2nd time?

Edited by Chas4

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

We've applied a fix on activation servers only a while ago so please try rebooting again.

Still the same prompt

19 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Same thing after reboot.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, zathras said:

Same thing after reboot.

Please try to reboot the machine by running "shutdown -r -t 0".

If that doesn't make any difference, carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

30 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please try to reboot the machine by running "shutdown -r -t 0".

If that doesn't make any difference, carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

No difference with that reboot method (and 3 more reboots after)

Logs attached.

V17 is no longer being offered thru automatic update (or it's a very staggered roll-out).

eav_logs.zip

I need a place to upload the logs as they are over 300MB (sent Marcos part of them in a DM, need a spot to upload that last one or the .zip in full)

• Administrators

Please reboot the machine once again. The license files have been re-generated and should be downloaded the next time ESET starts. If the notification is gone, I won't need any further logs.

3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please reboot the machine once again. The license files have been re-generated and should be downloaded the next time ESET starts.

Rebooted again and still seeing that message

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Chas4 said:

Rebooted again and still seeing that message

Please provide me with the file C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\License\license.lf that you have currently there as well as ELC logs that you have already collected. You can upload them to a file sharing service, such as OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. and drop me a private message with a download link.

Found a work around for the bug, is to remove it via ESET Home, then ESET will prompt to activate again.

Will send the shared link for the logs in a private message in a bit

Edited by Chas4

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Chas4 said:

Found a work around for the bug, is to remove it via ESET Home, then ESET will prompt to activate again.

I recall I posted this as a workaround before (would need to check it as I don't remember for sure). If you haven't done that yet, we'd rather like to get logs created as per the instructions above. If you deactivate the license via ESET HOME and then reactivate it, such logs will not help us find out if the issue has been fixed. We'd need logs from time when you are still getting the subscription verification notification in gui.

Just now, Marcos said:

I recall I posted this as a workaround before (would need to check it as I don't remember for sure). If you haven't done that yet, we'd rather like to get logs created as per the instructions above. If you deactivate the license via ESET HOME and then reactivate it, such logs will not help us find out if the issue has been fixed. We'd need logs from time when you are still getting the subscription verification notification in gui.

I already grabbed logs with the issue and those are included with the ones I sent

34 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please reboot the machine once again. The license files have been re-generated and should be downloaded the next time ESET starts. If the notification is gone, I won't need any further logs.

Did not fix it for me either.  Do you need a new set of logs or no?  At this point I'm ready to just deactivate, uninstall and reinstall the copy of v16 I still have.

• Administrators

It should be enough to deactivate the product from ESET HOME and reactivate it. We're working on a solution so that this step won't be necessary. I'd also mention that not all licenses are affected and my license file contained the necessary information about the owner account ID after upgrade to v17.