Eset Mobile Security Premium not updating detection modules automatically

ppm

I had Eset Mobile Security Premium - payed programme on my mobile device, this device was unfortunately stolen and I logged out that device from ESET HOME portal and I also changed the gmail address which was connected to Mobile Security programme in ESET HOME and I also contacted official retailer - Si splet to change email in their data base. I recently bought a new phone and I have also renewed the licence. I have installed Eset Mobile Security Premium on my new phone Samsung A54 5g and I have instantly noticed that the detection modules are not updating automatically. If I have mobile data on, 4g+ or 5g, both is working without any problems, but the modules are not updated automatically. I have installed the programme again but nothing has changed. I have also contacted Si splet technical support but they didn't know how to help me. Can you please help me with that very frustrating and annoying matter, what can be the cause for that problem? Can you please check if everything is correct according to that licence and if the right email address is connected with that licence in your data base. If you need any other information (public licence id etc.,..), plese let me know.

Thank you in advance, ppm

• Administrators

Do you mean that you had older modules installed when checking them after 24-48 hours later? Anyways, please raise a support ticket via the built-in form and let logs to be submitted to ESET for perusal.

Hello Marcos, no I dont have older modules after 24-48 hours later but the modules are not updating automatically and consistently for example, today I got my first modules update at 04:15 am (28196) after that I had my mobile data on and I didn't get the next update number 28198 till I have opened the programme and go to the licence part of the programme than the modules were updated but I don't see the point of doing that because it should be done automatically. The next example is that I can have mobile data on and the programme doesn't check for new modules updates for itself but I need to turn off mobile data and turn it on again and than the programme updates modules. So you are asking me to raise a support ticket via built in for in the programme? Will you get those logs or the Sisplet?

Thank you for answering, ppm

• Administrators

Just to be clear, an automatic update is performed once a day. Hence I asked if the modules had not been updated automatically for 24-48 hours.

On my old device, modules were updated automatically a lot more than once a day and I didn't have to do all those this to get that updates. I will answer to your question, the modules were updated in the time you mentioned but were is the point to have all those new updates during the day  - listed on Virus radar site - update info, if the device is not getting them?Do you want to tell me that we need to have mobile data on all the time and once a day the programme will get an modules update and if you don't have mobile data on at the right time, when the programme checks for update you will not get anything. What is the interval in which the programme checks for new updates, is it on 6 hours? Can you plese at least check if everything is correct with my licence, I can send you my public id.

thank you for your answer, ppm

• Administrators

A quote from an EMS KB:

If you have a premium version of ESET Mobile Security, detection modules will update automatically at least once a day as long as your Android device has an active internet connection. Performing a manual update is only necessary if:

• You have a free version of ESET Mobile Security.
  • An error is causing ESET Mobile Security not to receive automatic updates.
  • You want to check for updates that have been made available since the last time your device received an automatic update.

If no Internet connection is available at the time of an update check, update will be attempted several times later.

A quote from an EMS KB:

If you have a premium version of ESET Mobile Security, detection modules will update automatically at least once a day as long as your Android device has an active internet connection. Performing a manual update is only necessary if:

• You have a free version of ESET Mobile Security.
  • An error is causing ESET Mobile Security not to receive automatic updates.
  • You want to check for updates that have been made available since the last time your device received an automatic update.

If no Internet connection is available at the time of an update check, update will be attempted several times later.

Hello Marcos, I have read your answer and I will kindly ask you to check with which email address is connected my licence of Eset Mobile Security in the central data base, my PLID is 3A9-A7A-3RP? Please inform me about that.

Thank you in advance, ppm

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, ppm said:

Hello Marcos, I have read your answer and I will kindly ask you to check with which email address is connected my licence of Eset Mobile Security in the central data base, my PLID is 3A9-A7A-3RP? Please inform me about that.

It's connected with your forum registration email address.

Thank you for that information. As I said, I have read your answer above and I have to inform you that my programme is not working that way, I will do the test, and I will have my mobile data on for next 24h, starting at 00.01h at 13.11.2023 and I will inform you for how many times the programme has preformed auto update. I noticed that I can have my connection - mobile data on almost all day and the programme doesn't check for updates for several times as you wrote above, if that was true, I will get the last update when the programme checks for updates but I don't get anything, mobile data is on for hours and hours and new updates are listed on virus rada site - update info, but I'm not getting any of them. I need to turn mobile data off and on again and than from time to time it does update but not always, the next thing is that it sometimes updates if you check the Licence section in the programme (tree dots in upper right corner, other, licence), so it seem the programme doesn't detect that your mobile data is on, so If I don't do any action by myself it does't update, anyway the things are not working properly.  Like I said I will do the test and I will inform you what happened. 

If you have any suggestions what we can do about this matter let me know, because I would really like to solve that problem.

thank you in advance, ppm

Hello, Marcos, so your advice is that I report that issue via the bult-in support form in the programme under customer support section? So I will report that issue in Slovenian language because the built-in support form is in Slovenian and that means Sisplet will have to solve that matter? Why do I need to do that if they didn't know how to help in all that time? That is not a solution for that problem. So you are telling me you can't do anything else than that?? We have to find what is causing that the programme is not performing auto updates and I need to force it to do. The fact is the programme is not working well, I think that is not what we are paying for. 

Plese let know about any other solutions.

Thank you, ppm

• Administrators

It will be necessary to check the logs and those are submitted only when creating a ticket via the built-in form. If the distributor's technical support cannot help, they are supposed to contact ESET HQ.