How to create Encrypt key for each user

eornate

Hi everyone,

My customer had questions about Create Encrypt key for each user.It mean that : for example in department Sale , two users name are sale and sale1

image.thumb.png.636772043fedbf7df92d6cb30396faf7.png

==> both 2 users have the same key encrypt is Sale-department for demand every user in this department can exchange their information with encrypt key file.

So how to create the Encrypt key for each user : sale and sale1 for demand ==> user sale can not decrypt files, which was encrypted by user sale1.

• ESET Staff

Hello @eornate

Within a managed environment the encryption keys are shared between teams.

In order for each of those users in your example to have their own encryption key, each user will have to be within their own team with separate encryption keys applied to each of those teams. 

For example there should be two teams, one called for example SaleTeam, the other called Sale1Team, then SaleTeam will have encryption key 1 and Sale1Team will have encryption key 2, then those teams will only have one user each.

Kind regards,

Ashley

38 minutes ago, AAndrejko said:

Hello @eornate

Within a managed environment the encryption keys are shared between teams.

In order for each of those users in your example to have their own encryption key, each user will have to be within their own team with separate encryption keys applied to each of those teams. 

For example there should be two teams, one called for example SaleTeam, the other called Sale1Team, then SaleTeam will have encryption key 1 and Sale1Team will have encryption key 2, then those teams will only have one user each.

Kind regards,

Ashley

Yes, i tried before that , but it's not convenient for management and create keys if i have over 200 users and departments. If it's possible, i think Eset need add this feature on future.

image.png.ec9885fd3d092796f65b051cb32e56cc.png

image.png.2b53dec94f37e8604327dc96038f9b46.png