ESET Server Security 10.0.12012 > 10.0.12014 Auto Update and Domain Trust breaks

I have had two domain controller servers automatically update ESET server products and be waiting for a restart (according to the ESET Protect Console). While that Windows Server 2019/2022 server is pending a reboot the domain trust seems to be unavailable. A reboot of the server fixes the problem. One updated yesterday and one today. Not sure if this is coincidence or not but the server needing the ESET update, when rebooted, corrects the issue.

I'm still researching and scouring event logs.

How do I disable automatic updates? I created an auto updates policy with auto updates disabled. I had put it at the bottom of applied policies for all computers (applied last). Should I instead put it as #1, applied first, before the enabled auto updates policy that ESET created automatically?

• Administrators

Automatic product updates are installed only after the next computer restart. If ESET was really the culprit, then it could not be an automatic update but the product would have to be upgraded by sending a software install task or running the msi installer.

I see, so it's just downloaded and waiting. Thank you. 

Does linking a disabled auto update policy not mean they won't download at all? So I can better control when I'm ready to apply updates?