ESET Cyber Security Pro 7.x for macOS Sonoma, M2

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

I purchased ESET Cyber Security Pro 6.x for Mac, but my Mac is experiencing significant slowdowns and occasional freezes. When I disable the resident protection, my Mac operates smoothly. I am using a Mac with macOS Sonoma and an M2 processor.

I have a few questions:

1. Is ESET Cyber Security Pro 7.x available for Mac? I've noticed that there is ESET Cyber Security 7.x for Mac, but it's not the Pro version.

2. If ESET Cyber Security Pro 7.x is not available yet, when can I expect it to be released?

3. How can I upgrade from ESET Cyber Security Pro 6.x to Pro 7.x (if it exists)?

4. Alternatively, how can I upgrade from ESET Cyber Security Pro 6.x to version 7.x (not the Pro version), and when will this option become available? Would it be possible to upgrade from 7.x to Pro 7.x once it's released?

I am actively seeking a solution to resolve the issues with my Mac. Currently, I have to work with resident protection turned off, as it is the only way I can use my Mac effectively.

• Administrators

1, No, the latest version ESET ESET CyberSecurity that is compatible with macOS Sonoma is v6.11.414.0.

2, We expect it next year, however, the name may slightly change.

4, You can uninstall ESET CyberSecurity Pro v6 and install ESET CyberSecurity v7.4.1200.0.

10 minutes ago, Marcos said:

4, You can uninstall ESET CyberSecurity Pro v6 and install ESET CyberSecurity v7.4.1200.0.

Does it mean that my licence number for Pro v6 will work with ESET CyberSecurity v7.4.1200.0 ?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with ESET Cyber Security Pro and Sonoma 14.1 - 14.1.2, M1! About 30 minutes after activate ESET Cyber Security Pro (no matter which version)  the MacOS freezes, no more work possible. No version of ESET Cyber Security Pro works with Sonoma, only ESET Cyber Security will work: https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/home/eav/mac/latest/eset_cybersecurity.dmg

• Administrators
2 hours ago, RalHa said:

I have the same problem with ESET Cyber Security Pro and Sonoma 14.1 - 14.1.2, M1! About 30 minutes after activate ESET Cyber Security Pro (no matter which version)  the MacOS freezes, no more work possible.

If the issue occurs with the latest version of ESET CyberSecurity Pro 6.11.414.0, please raise a support ticket.