Hello, I have a problem that I don't know if it is serious, but it is at least annoying. I tell you (I will use a translator, sorry):

When I do a quick scan (the normal one) it runs without any problem, but when I do the comprehensive custom scan and select all my drives, after a while after starting it freezes. The left menu animation (green circle) still works and the progress dots at the bottom keep moving, but the scan is stuck in any random folder. If I press pause or cancel, nothing happens and the animated green circle on the left keeps moving, it has happened to me twice recently.

I have the latest version to date of Eset Internet Security, Windows 10 updated up to date.

Opinions? 😪

• Administrators

Please do the following when the scan appears to be stuck:

- enable advanced logging under Tools - Diagnostics in the advanced setup
- disable logging after 20-30s
- generate a dump of ekrn via Tools -> Diagnostics -> Create
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and supply me with the generated archive.

21 hours ago, Rodrigo Montecinos said:

Hello, I have a problem that I don't know if it is serious, but it is at least annoying. I tell you (I will use a translator, sorry):

When I do a quick scan (the normal one) it runs without any problem, but when I do the comprehensive custom scan and select all my drives, after a while after starting it freezes. The left menu animation (green circle) still works and the progress dots at the bottom keep moving, but the scan is stuck in any random folder. If I press pause or cancel, nothing happens and the animated green circle on the left keeps moving, it has happened to me twice recently.

I have the latest version to date of Eset Internet Security, Windows 10 updated up to date.

Opinions? 😪

Hello,

the same problem exists here: custom scan -> deep scan -> as administrator

The scan of some files now takes ages (over 20 minutes), which were previously checked in seconds.

Previously the scan was finished in about 70 minutes, now I abort after over 3 hours.
The quick scan runs without any problem too.

This happens only since product version: 16.2.15.0

1 hour ago, simplicissimus said:

Hello,

the same problem exists here: custom scan -> deep scan -> as administrator

The scan of some files now takes ages (over 20 minutes), which were previously checked in seconds.

Previously the scan was finished in about 70 minutes, now I abort after over 3 hours.
The quick scan runs without any problem too.

This happens only since product version: 16.2.15.0

Apparently it is a general problem with the latest version of the program, I hope that the administrators who read the forum will send these comments to the engineers

12 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please do the following when the scan appears to be stuck:

- enable advanced logging under Tools - Diagnostics in the advanced setup
- generate a dump of ekrn via Tools -> Diagnostics -> Create
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and supply me with the generated archive.

I can't understand very well what I have to do (I'm a casual user), what do you mean by:

- Diagnostics in the advanced setup

I haven't understood that very well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Please do not select the registry as a scan target until a new version of the Cleaner module is released (ETA is 1 week to the  release on the pre-release update channel). Otherwise it may take hours for the scan to complete.

15 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please do not select the registry as a scan target until a new version of the Cleaner module is released (ETA is 1 week to the  release on the pre-release update channel). Otherwise it may take hours for the scan to complete.

Hello, I did a deep scan by disabling the registry option and it didn't freeze, I did the full scan without any problems, although it lasted less time (my full deep scan usually takes 1 hour and 30 minutes), now it lasted 35 minutes.