Slow network speed after installing ESSP

Hi,

Last week my ISP has enabled my fiberglass connection with the speed of 1 gigabit.
I upgraded my pc with a TP-Link 2.5 gigabit PCIe network adapter for ethernet cables.
My pc is connected with a Zyxel 2.5 gigabit switch, the switch is connected with the 2.5 gigabit connection of my Nokia Modem.

On my pc is Eset Smart Security Premium installed, but the test speed with default installation of ESSP brings the whole network speed down, i have not the 1 gigabit connection but i have like 500 - 700 mbit.
After disabling the SSL/TLS option in ESSP i got the whole speed back like the full 1 gigabit.

What can i do to fix this without disabling the SSL/TLS option?

Thanks!

I just ran my own speed test here: https://www.speedtest.net/ using ESSP ver. 16,2.13.

Download      Upload     Speeds in Mbps

131.31            115.00   -  SSL/TLS protocol enabled

137.77             117.65  -  SSL/TLS protocol disabled

I therefore conclude your network speed issue is not related to Eset SSL/TLS protocol scanning per se.

Edited by itman

4 hours ago, itman said:

I just ran my own speed test here: https://www.speedtest.net/ using ESSP ver. 16,2.13.

Download      Upload     Speeds in Mbps

131.31            115.00   -  SSL/TLS protocol enabled

137.77             117.65  -  SSL/TLS protocol disabled

I therefore conclude your network speed issue is not related to Eset SSL/TLS protocol scanning per se.

This problem is showing up when i installed essp, when i turn of the ssl/tls option i got full speed so its 100% related to eset.

I have done multiple tests with ssl/tls, without ssl/tls and without eset.

Turning off the ssl option or uninstalling eset gives the full internet speed back.

I'm using Windows 11 with 12gb ram, intel core i5 and  2.5 gigabit networkcard. 

Is there some windows process what possible in combination with eset could slow down the network connection. Some people said the Windows filtering platform.

I repeated the speed test again this time using fast.com which is what you used for testing.

With Eset SSL/TLS scanning enabled, my download speed was 140 Mbps. With Eset SSL/TLS scanning disabled, my download speed was 130 Mbps! Based on these results, I would say something is wrong with fast.com speed measurement calculations.

Run your speed testing using this web site: https://www.speedtest.net/

• ESET Moderators

Hello @CCS,

during the speed slow-down, do you observe any high resources utilization like CPU usage or disk I/Os?

Can you observe the slow-down during standard downloads i.e. not in an artificial speed test?

Peter