License Sincronization Increases the number of Units

ESET PROTECT (Server), Version 10.0 (10.0.2133.0)
ESET PROTECT (Web Console), Version 10.0 (10.0.132.0)
CentOS (64-bit), Version 7.9.2009
Connected Clients: 265
Active Licenses: 1
ESET Endpoint Antivirus + ESET Server Security
Units : 400/331

Hello group

The company I work for has a habit of replacing/improving PCs...and for this reason, we are faced with a kind of "doubling" or even tripling of the number of activated licenses used, so it reached a number of 400. instead of 331 how the license is purchased, as as you can see, there are only 265 units reported in the Web console.

Example 1 :
PC1 changed to PC2 which was recently used by a user and had the name PC3, so I renamed PC3 to PC2 and then to PC1, I installed PC1 to the user who was using PC3 before and the PC2 was assigned to another user and renamed PC4.

image.png.0b8bb73a8750ff865629c5947644702e.png

It seems like, even if the hardware remains the same or changes ...the number of units keeps growing.

Example 2:
I install a new PC (default Windows image, it also has ESET already installed) which has a Generic name, later I assign it to a user and rename the Generic name to PC77... and I notice that in the ESET web console, I have 2 PCs that report the same IP, but different names... and the number of licenses used increases... even if I delete the PC with the generic name, only the PC with the name PC77 remains.

image.png.c5741ca2f739d082327c902b969473a8.png

My question is :

Is there any way to "reset" the number of units on which that license was installed, WITHOUT turning off ESET on those PCs (because there are to many and i can't connect manually to each PC in order to activate the product) ?

The only thing that i can do in the Web Console > License Management , is "Synchronize Licenses" and this option dose not decrease the number of used units...in stead it increases them :( 

Any idea would be helpful.

• Administrators

Did you try sending a Reset cloned agent task to clients? https://help.eset.com/protect_admin/10.0/en-US/client_tasks_reset_agent.html

Cloned Agents have the same SID, which can cause problems (multiple Agents with the same SID). To resolve this, use the Reset Cloned Agent task to reset the SID and assign Agents a unique identity.

59 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Did you try sending a Reset cloned agent task to clients? https://help.eset.com/protect_admin/10.0/en-US/client_tasks_reset_agent.html

Cloned Agents have the same SID, which can cause problems (multiple Agents with the same SID). To resolve this, use the Reset Cloned Agent task to reset the SID and assign Agents a unique identity.

Thank you.
I will give it a try and come back with the update