Razer Synapse breaks Eset GUI

Hello,

I just noticed that the latest update for "razer synapse 2.0" (control center for razer hardware) is preventing the GUI of Eset Smart Security from working probably. If razer synapse is running in the background, no more changes can be confirmed in the extended settings dialogue and firewall and other options can not be disabled from the tray icon. If you close razer synapse, the functions are restored. Older versions of razer synapse can not be installed, as the auto update just starts after installing the older versions. I restored a backup to validate this.

Razer Hardware: Razer Death Adder left handed edition

Razer Synapse 2.0 (v 1.18, 1.17 is working fine)

Maybe there is some workaround (except stop using razer synapse), or you can release an update to fix this issue.

Good catch with this, I spent a few hours with support yesterday trying to figure it out with them - they collected a number of logs and forwarded it up to the devs to see if they could figure out the issue. Seems it is in fact a conflict between version 8 & Razer's software. It doesn't seem to be effecting version 7, strangely enough.

Adding the software to the exclusion list does not solve the issue.

Edited by Afevis

Welp, seems I spoke too soon with my prior posts. I'm now encountering this same issue with version 7 of ESS as well.

Edited by Afevis

• 2 weeks later...