ESET Mobile Security 8.1.12.0 - Google Play error

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Device software: LineageOS 19 (Android 12), MicroG 0.2.24, Aurora Store 4.2.2

After updating ESET Mobile Security from version 8.0.39.0 to 8.1.12.0, the following error is displayed briefly after opening the app:

ESET Mobile Security error.png

My question would be, is there any way to use the app without having Google Play cr*p installed on the phone?

Thanks!

• Administrators
  • Solution

Google services are essential for the application to work properly. I'd suggest you start with uninstalling Google Play store updates:

1: Open the Settings app on your Android phone or tablet.
2: Tap Apps, then tap Google Play Store.
3: Tap the 3-dot menu at the top-right corner, then tap Uninstall updates.

Then update Google Play store. Should the problem persist, open a support ticket via the built-in form.

40 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Google services are essential for the application to work properly.

Thank you for clarifying this. The phone does not have Google Play Store or Google Play Services installed. MicroG and Aurora Store are used instead, i'll try updating those.

OnePlus 5T (A5010), LineageOS 19 (custom ROM), without Google services.

Worth mentioning, the previous versions of the app worked flawlessly, and actually the latest 8.1.12.0 version kind of works, too: I can run the manual definitions updating by using the "long press menu" on the app icon (in the launcher), and the background virus scan works, too, e.g. when something gets downloaded, or an app is installed/updated.