3 years license and MSP

tbsky

Hi:

we maintain IT infrastructure for some companies. we suggest Eset and resell Eset product to them. normally we chose 3 years license which has best price. but this week we got message from our local distributor that they won't offer 3 years license anymore in the future. I wonder if this is a global policy, so we can only choose annual license?

if that is true, I wonder if become MSP to resell the license is a better option for us. is there any price advantage to become MSP, and is there any qualification criteria for MSP?

Hi:

is this kind of information secret or not suitable for public forum? Please PM me if possible.

thanks a lot for help.

• ESET Staff

Hello @tbsky

3 years licenses are available, however pricing policy and specifics (e.g., margin, discounts) might differ per region. Regarding the MSP program and benefits, find more details here or reach out to your local ESET distributor.

19 hours ago, emilota said:

Hello @tbsky

3 years licenses are available, however pricing policy and specifics (e.g., margin, discounts) might differ per region. Regarding the MSP program and benefits, find more details here or reach out to your local ESET distributor.

thanks a lot. I will try to contact MSP program.

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2023 at 3:22 PM, emilota said:

Hello @tbsky

Hi:

we got no response from our local ESET distributor. since our regional price are now doubled compared to worldwide, we are seeking other ways:

1. find other distributor to become MSP. is it possible?

2. buy licenses from other country. we will need to pay extra tax fees but it is still cheaper.

Hello @emilota

I understand maybe you are only responsible for technical issues. but could you forward my request to staff who can answer the question?

this week we have talked about the new price to some of our customers.  with the price ESET has weakness below:

1. local distributor stop Campus Program this year. so students/teachers will now use other products. (I think they will go back to sophos, eset got campus market share from sophos these years here.)

2. ESET is no longer recommended by TSMC supply chain. I don't know who should be responsible to renew the certification. but many of our customers are at TSMC supply chain.

3. Japan auditors often said they didn't know the ESET brand(most of them use Trend Micro). I was surprised about this. I thought ESET has some market share at Japan, but it seems not the case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff

Hello @tbsky, apologize my late response, I am gonna forward your request to Sales representatives. Please send me your name, email and company name to the PM.

Edited by emilota