ESET Update Removing Safe website lists

CSITEK

We have about 60 stores with 2 computers at each store and the latest ESET update removed websites from our allowed list.  We have had to log into each computer and add the safe website list again, which is very time consuming.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening in the future? 

Why would it do this in the first place, those lists should be saved with the config information.

What list do you mean exactly?

Do you mean the list of excluded websites from web protection?
post-3952-0-33129000-1411161343_thumb.png

What update (please tell me the version number of the product or the VSD version number) exactly removed the websites?

And are you really using the home version of NOD32?

As a company there are also business solutions for you.

• Administrators

What kind of update do you mean? Updating the engine nor modules would not affect existing program configuration. Another question is why you need to allow the addresses. If they are blocked, please pm me a list of these addresses.

A recent update removed URL's from our LIst of allowed addresses.  We have to keep the systems locked down as possible to prevent users from surfing on these systems.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4

Version 4.0.314.0

We keep a MASTER list of all of the allowed and we are having to reload it on all of the computers since this update.

post-5612-0-64712400-1415124740_thumb.png

• Administrators

Version 4.0 is quite old. It suffers from bugs that were fixed in later versions and doesn't have as good protection against new malware as newer versions so I'd strongly recommend upgrading to the latest version.. The current version for business users is Endpoint 5.0.2237 and 8.0.304 for home users.

As for the loss of settings, I can't think of a reason why they would get lost after an update of the engine or module as there's no connection between them whatsoever.

You mentioned that you have 60x2 computers. If they are accessible from a central computer, you should install Endpoint (formerly known as business edition) which can be managed by ESET Remote Administrator and a desired policy would be applied on clients whenever they connect to ERA Server.