Quick Feedback

Alok Bijlwan

I have been using Eset from a long time, I loved it from the day one. It was intuitive and quick. I've had used other antivirus too but I always come back to Eset.

Although I would like to give feedbacks/improvement which I've felt are needed and are consistently highlighted by antivirus review articles too.

1) A quick scan feature. I love the custom scan but I really hope Eset can quickly scan quickly all the vulnerable areas of my pc.

2) Parent Control need to toughen up, they are way easy to bypass and don't work very well in YouTube. 

3) System Clean up is basic, I don't understand the functionality of it. All the other diagnostic tools of Eset are quite well, but this one falls short. It definitely can be made better by adding more checks. I see Eset will not be adding any junk,etc cleanup features to it and that's fine.

4) Please make scheduling a scan more simpler.

5) Internet can be accessed via the phantom account created by the anti theft feature which means other software and malwares can be downloaded to bypass it ( this one I found in an article)

• Administrators

We appreciate your feedback, however, I'd like to bring into your attention that there is a "Future changes" topic in each product's forum which is intended for posting users' ideas and suggestions for improvements and is monitored by ESET staff responsible for the particular product.

1, "Scan your computer" should be a relatively quick scan. It doesn't scan inside archives and uses cache to skip trusted and already scanned files. Plus you can create your own on-demand scan profile with your own targets and settings and use it for a custom scan.

2, If you are referring to Parental Control for Android, please raise a support ticket via the built-in form, provide step-by-step instructions and let logs to be submitted to ESET for perusal. Most likely it's device specific if you can bypass Parental Control so it needs to be investigated.

3, Yes, System cleaner is a simple tool to revert changes made by malware to certain system settings, such as blocking Task manager, regedit, etc.

4, Scheduling a scan is already much simpler than scheduling a task via Windows Scheduler for instance. However, if you have an idea how to make it simpler you can post it in the "Future changes" topic as suggested above.

5, I don't understand this point. It's the purpose of the Phantom account to allow a possible theft to log in to a limited user account and report the activity to the device owner.

• Most Valued Members
On 3/4/2023 at 4:08 AM, Marcos said:

We appreciate your feedback, however, I'd like to bring into your attention that there is a "Future changes" topic in each product's forum which is intended for posting users' ideas and suggestions for improvements and is monitored by ESET staff responsible for the particular product.

1, "Scan your computer" should be a relatively quick scan. It doesn't scan inside archives and uses cache to skip trusted and already scanned files. Plus you can create your own on-demand scan profile with your own targets and settings and use it for a custom scan.

2, If you are referring to Parental Control for Android, please raise a support ticket via the built-in form, provide step-by-step instructions and let logs to be submitted to ESET for perusal. Most likely it's device specific if you can bypass Parental Control so it needs to be investigated.

3, Yes, System cleaner is a simple tool to revert changes made by malware to certain system settings, such as blocking Task manager, regedit, etc.

4, Scheduling a scan is already much simpler than scheduling a task via Windows Scheduler for instance. However, if you have an idea how to make it simpler you can post it in the "Future changes" topic as suggested above.

5, I don't understand this point. It's the purpose of the Phantom account to allow a possible theft to log in to a limited user account and report the activity to the device owner.

I think he is worried that people could log in and then download stuff to bypass Eset.

It's a catch 22 thing really. I presume Eset would block these anyways, but a phantom account needs access to the internet to work and it needs to look like a normal account. Otherwise people would realise what was going on and avoid logging in and getting location details

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2023 at 10:08 PM, Marcos said:

Plus you can create your own on-demand scan profile with your own targets and settings and use it for a custom scan.

I cannot find where the instructions are for creating such a profile.  I found where to put it (On-Demand Scanner Profiles List) but it's a blank text field, no clue what to type in it.  There are three choice, smart Scan, In-depth scan, and Context menu Scan.  Not sure what any of those mean either.  Is there a user manual to look these up? 

Whatever eset was doing for the last 30 minutes, it's finally done.  I found only a 207kb Module Update, which was completed but still had a spinning icon and the link to Abort.  Now the icon is not spinning and no mention of the 207 KB.

Spoke too soon - it's started up again!  "Update progress: 207 KB / 207 KB" - doesn't that mean it's finished? 

Must I wait another 30 minutes for the blue icon in the menu bar to stop spinning? It's slowing down my computer.

Product version 6.10.460.1

Mac mini (late 2014), OS Sierra, 10.12.6; eset keeps telling me I have updates to install.

Polly