Adding New License to Existing Account

Go to solution Solved by itman,

My family and I are currently using a 5-device Internet Security license and it is valid until 7/30/2024. Last year, I purchased another 1-year 5-device license for ESET Internet Security (April of 2022) on Newegg. I'm looking for a way to combine this license and all future license purchases to the same account for ease of management on all my family's computers.

Do I just go into my.eset.com/licenses and add this new license to the account and it will automatically activate the one year after 7/30/24? Or does this method activate the new license simultaneously with the existing license (e.g. both license timers are activated simultaneously)?

If the above method does not do what I'm hoping it does, is there a way to stack licenses to the same account for ease of management? 

If the only option is to activate when the old license expires, does my newly purchases licenses expire within a certain time if left un-activated? 

Thanks for any help you can provide!

• Administrators

Licenses issued by the same ESET partner can be merged by the partner. If that's the case, please contact the sales department of the partner for more information.

51 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Licenses issued by the same ESET partner can be merged by the partner. If that's the case, please contact the sales department of the partner for more information.

Unfortunately these two licenses were not purchased from the same retailer. 

In that case, I guess my only option is to just use the new license when the old one expires. Is there an expiration date on un-activated licenses? 

• Solution
14 hours ago, DFG said:

Is there an expiration date on un-activated licenses? 

You will have to ask newegg.com that question.

As far as I am aware of, newegg.com is an authorized Eset retailer. It will negotiate a bulk license purchase with Eset's North America subsidiary and re-sell these licenses at whatever profit they can get. Licenses purchased this way are in effect the same as if purchased from the Eset eStore and don't have expiration dates in regards to activation.

However, newegg.com does purchase bulk licenses available on the open market. These are usually unused Eset licenses some enterprise wants to unload due to changing AV vendors; a bankruptcy; etc., etc. These licenses are the ones usually showing older product versions; e.g. Eset 2021, etc.. They also are the licenses being sold far below the going price for current year licenses. As a rule, these licenses do have a "shelf expiration date" in that they must be activated within a certain time frame from the original buyer purchase date.

Edited by itman