Can I delete large .nup files?

Guest Adam Terry

Hello,

In an attempt to clear up space on my Mac hard drive, I have just discovered 12GB of .nup files located within the ESET folder. The specific folder is titled base_nonnups which contains 324 files between 25MB and 84MB in size.

I am keen to strip back as much as possible but naturally I want to avoid causing issues with my security, so any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Adam

• Administrators

This was a bug which should be fixed in the latest version of ESET CyberSecurity. Please make sure that you have v6.11.404.0 installed, then delete older base_nonups folders.

Guest Adam Terry

Thank you for the quick reply, Marcos.

I can see that I have version 6.10.460.1 but it's not clear how I install the latest version. When I select "Manage License" it asks for a license key which I can't locate. Could that be preventing me access to anything? It looks like I should have activated something already...

Also I can't find any record of purchasing ESET, which I feel might pose a problem. Any further help here would be much appreciated as I am reluctant to delete any of those .nup files until I know that won't cause problems.

• Administrators

The latest version can be downloaded from ESET's website https://www.eset.com/int/download-home/#c2595470

As for your license, you have osted as a guest so I can't try to look up your license by your email address. You can retrieve your license key by entering your registration email address here: https://www.eset.com/int/support/lost-license/.

Guest Adam Terry

Okay, thank you for sending those links but none of my email addresses (current or past) are being recognised. Is there a chance I am on a free subscription which is preventing the update? I can see my License ID, so could that help you look it up? Also It says my license is valid until 1st Dec 2023. 

FYI I haven't upgraded my system to macOS Ventura (still on Big Sur) so could this be an issue? The reason for not updating is because I need enough free space before the update, hence my dilemma.