Windows 11 search not working after installing eset 16

I recently installed and activate the ESET Security. After installation and a restart my windows search is not working anywhere.
On start: When I click on the search bar it closes the start menu.
On search icon on taskbar: I does nothing.
On explorer (for example: in a folder): search bar is not selectable and writable.

Also I can't disable ESET from startup and it runs automatically on windows startup.
How can I fix these issues?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, MA90 said:

On explorer (for example: in a folder): search bar is not selectable and writable.

Does temporarily pausing real-time protection make a difference? If not, what about temporarily disabling HIPS and rebooting the machine? If that doesn't change anything either, does temporarily uninstalling ESET actually make a difference?

2 hours ago, MA90 said:

Also I can't disable ESET from startup and it runs automatically on windows startup.

You can't. You can only pause or disable protection modules or uninstall ESET.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Does temporarily pausing real-time protection make a difference? If not, what about temporarily disabling HIPS and rebooting the machine?

These two solution didn't work.
But about uninstalling ESET, Can I use my license after uninstalling and installing ESET again?

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, MA90 said:

But about uninstalling ESET, Can I use my license after uninstalling and installing ESET again?

Yes, if the computer is connected to the Internet during uninstallation, the seat will be revoked automatically and you will be able to use the license key for activation again. Otherwise you might need to revoke the seat manually via the license manager in your ESET HOME account.

8 hours ago, MA90 said:

Uninstalling didn't solve the issue.

Then the issue isn't related to Eset installation.

You can try the mitigations listed here: https://www.lifewire.com/fix-search-not-working-in-windows-11-5191397 . Also, you can use Google to search for like solutions from other sources.

On 12/25/2022 at 3:23 AM, MA90 said:

I recently installed and activate the ESET Security. After installation and a restart my windows search is not working anywhere.

How can I fix these issues?

What you described is not related to ESET at all. You either have a hardware issue that is failing, a driver issue or malware in your system.