Misleading features in NOD32

rotaru

I recently bought " ESET Gamer Edition" only to find out tha in fact is just the ordinary NOD 32

Good!

Now, during set-up I am being asked to enable "ESET LiveGrid" ; did it.

Only to find out  that in fact NOD 32 doesn't have LiveGrid .

That's not nice......and we ask ourselves why people are not renewing ....

Not happy!

Untitled.png

All Eset installations use LiveGrid; see below screen shot as to where its settings are located.

I believe you might be might be referring to LiveGuard that only exists in Smart Security Premium version.

Eset_LiveGrid.thumb.png.e554d06b245c724dce0f968e1384b3b3.png

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, rotaru said:

sorry , my bad .

I made a confusion between LiveGrid and LiveGuard.

As long as we are here what is the difference?

Here you can find more details about both of them :

https://support.eset.com/en/kb5552-enable-or-disable-eset-livegrid#whatIsLiveGrid

https://help.eset.com/essp/15/en-US/idh_config_liveguard.html

8 hours ago, Nightowl said:

Thank you for your answer!

Just one more question please.

Windows Defender also has "Cloud protection" which can be set from Default-High-Highest-Block.

Which one is the equivalent of Defender Cloud protection , LiveGrid or LiveCloud????

Thanks!

5 hours ago, rotaru said:

Which one is the equivalent of Defender Cloud protection , LiveGrid or LiveCloud????

LiveGuard which is only available in Smart Security Premium version.

5 hours ago, rotaru said:

Windows Defender also has "Cloud protection" which can be set from Default-High-Highest-Block.

LiveGuard confidence level can only be set in Eset commercial versions that subscribe to the optional LiveGuard Advanced fetaure.

Last time I checked consumer LiveGuard ver. confidence level in exported Eset settings, it is set to 90% which corresponds to MD block level of High confidence.

Finally, LiveGrid does perform limited Eset cloud server lookup activities in regards to determining if the file has been previously scanned by LiveGrid servers, or is present in the LiveGrid cloud blacklist file. Note that it is the cloud blacklist lookup that is important since local Eset installation blacklist is only periodically updated during the day. Hence Eset's strong recommendation that LiveGrid be always enabled.

Edited by itman