High CPU unless Task manager is open (Windows 11, Nitro an517, Eset S.S.P )

Sometimes, when I am using my Laptop, the CPU is suddenly very high, making the ventilation go fast, then I open Task Manager and the CPU drops down to normal, and the ventilation returns to normal.

Yet this is more common when I leave the laptop alone, no application open, just the laptop, CPU & ventilator go high, and don't stop unless I open TM, then it drops to normal.

It is quite a headache, as I have ran dozen of Eset S.S.P smart and also 100% scans, all the times no viruses are found.

In the past my got infected, yet Eset found these viruses and eliminated them, now there is no viruses to be found anymore.

My laptop is quite new, and I make sure I don't install insecure software, also I manually disable all the background services, and scheduled tasks that are not from Windows or imperative to run the OS.

I also keep all my drivers up to date, and put special attention on keeping the ventilation of the laptop clean and functional.

I wonder what can be done, how to "fix" this ghostly problem, as Eset S.S.P is unable to find the root cause of it.

• Administrators

If you notice a high CPU usage that lasts for dozens of seconds or more, enable advanced operating system logging under Tools -> Diagnostics in the advanced setup. Disable it after 1-2 minutes, then collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive. Does it make a difference if you temporarily uninstall ESET and keep Defender enabled?

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, marshmalloow said:

Yet this is more common when I leave the laptop alone, no application open, just the laptop, CPU & ventilator go high, and don't stop unless I open TM, then it drops to normal.

Sounds like idle scan kicks in?, might be that when your computer is idle , ESET will start scanning , did you open this option?