ESET Detection / False Positive

Fkofilee
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi All 

I am trying to download a software from a portal. This software is used to provide VOIP Telephony Client to our customers that we develop in conjunction with our partners. Recently, Eset Antivirus / Endpoint Security / Eset Internet Security is showing the download containing malware, yet when disabling the Protection, then re-enabling and scanning said file - No issues are found. 

Already submitted as an urgent request to whitelist the file as we need to provide this update to our clients, but this has not yielded a result. 

Can someone take a look at it for me?

FKO

CirrusVOIPClient.zip

• Administrators

I assume it's rather a potentially unwanted or unsafe application which was detected and not an actual threat. Unfortunately neither the standard password "infected" nor any of the passwords I've tried worked so I could not unpack the files from the archive and scan them. What password did you use?

It occurs when downloading from the following addresses which is the verfied source. 

They instantly go into Quarantine, it doesnt matter which browser is used etc

https://portal.cirrusresponse.com/download/app/install_5.0.5.26_27_32.msi
https://portal.cirrusresponse.com/download/app/install_5.0.5.26_27_64.msi

• Administrators
  • Solution

I was able to find the root cause of detection, it will be fixed within a couple of minutes. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Administrators

It was a false positive like any other, in this case caused by a loose detection that could trigger also FPs upon downloading specific msi installers.