Jump to content

MSSQL app and port unblock problem?


Rob Morin
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Rob Morin,

Recommended Posts

Hey all.

Been pulling my hair out of my head on this, what I think should be easy to do.

I have an MSSQL server running on the local lan  that workstations connect to.

I created a policy here for the 2 executables that are needed for the workstation app to work.

image.thumb.png.2db2f911b586fd5b78e99f362ae20802.png

You can see above what i entered for the rules.(forget about the RDP thing) :)

I then moved the 2 rules to the top of the rule list.

Now when I go onto to the server/computer in question where MSSQL runs, and check the agent/client it shows the rules are there.

image.thumb.png.c09b3e04564fef9dd3aa1dc38f0b154f.png

 

Now when I run the app on the workstation and view the live traffic on the server/computer that hosts MSSQL server i get the below.

image.thumb.png.a609a8a949821c725c7278b5f319e0cc.png

 

And when I try to use the unblock feature i get the below..

image.thumb.png.a064dcdf35d21a23ae5a402dffc031e5.png
So what gives, what am i doing wrong??

 

Any help Appricated.

Thanks and have a great day!

Rob..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I'd recommend that you:
1, Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
2, Reproduce the issue
3, Stop logging
4, Collect logs with ESET Log Collector.
5, Upload the generated archive here and also open a support ticket with your local ESET distributor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

You have several options:

1, Unblock the desired communication / create the appropriate rule via the firewall troubleshooting wizard

2, Switch to interactive or learning mode for a while until the appropriate rule is created

3, Manually create a permissive rule for C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe and the local UDP port 1434.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

Hey Marcos, I am not an Eset Guru, but with your suggestions I did the following to resolve my issue:

 

Switched to interactive mode, ran the app on a remote workstation and observed the incoming connections.

The end result was the below settings to make this app work:
 
On the Client side I needed to allow port UDP & TCP port 1434, 1433
 
On the Server side I needed to allow the following:
c:\program files (x86)\microsoft sqls erver\90\shared\sqlbrowser.exe
Port 1434(UDP & TCP) and Port 5075
 
c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssq11.clinicmaster\mssql\binn\sqlservr.exe
 Port 1434(UDP & TCP)
 
The one port I did not think of was the below :)
Port 137 for file access to the shared db file on the server
 
You can mark this as SOLVED
 
Have a great day!
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...