ventura and 6.11.404.0

hey

eset is giving me the "your computer is not fully protected." latest version installed. 

i cannot see "eset device control" in the full disk access. how to add it ?!

see photo.

please clarify.

much appreciated.

sesk.

Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 20.56.54.png

I read a comment at a SNS in my country Japan that this issue has popped up with beta 9 of Ventura.

Apple might change something at the very final stage, and ESET may not catch up yet.

Hi! 

I have exactly the same problem.

I have an MI Mac and just updated to OS Ventura.  Then updated Cyber Security Pro to v 6.11.404.0.

I now keep getting the 'Your computer is not fully protected' message.  It asks me to enable 'ESET Device Control' under Preferences>Privacy & Security>Full Disk Access, but the option 'ESET Device Control' does not appear in the list.

Both 'ESET Cyber Security Pro' and 'ESET Real-time File System Protection' appear in the list and are enabled.

Any bright spark out there got a solution?

Cheers,

Deadset

to me, the KB is not accurate.

am at work right now. will have to uninstall / reinstall tonight to post screens.

here is it;

system extension are blocked (1),

you need to go privacy and security, but not to full access disk (no yet), you need to look at "security", >> some system software requires your attention before it can be used (2), these need to be activated (3). after you may look at full access disk. it is not mentioned in the KB. i suspect these 3 to be cyber security pro, real time system protection and device control. it is not clear. all 3 have the same name (why?). please have a look at it. much appreciated. point 6 in KB in unclear to me (?).

sub question,

based on KB point 9, ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.2.1600.0 will automatically detect Full Disk Access. ESET Cyber Security and ESET Cyber Security Pro users, click Start again in the ESET alert dialog or restart your macOS. >> WILL NEXT MACOS VERSION (ARM VERSION) also automatically detect full disk access ?

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 15.34.51.png

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 15.35.13.png

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 15.35.23.png

• Administrators
3 hours ago, suzyq said:

This KB concerns Windows products, not Mac. You have posted in the ESET CyberSecurity for macOS forum so please clarify what OS and ESET product you use.

so.. it says to update eset .. but then to update instead it says to install .. and it says to get rid of other cyber security.  Do I have to uninstall eset before I install the latest version?  

I have a mac mini m1  ventura   ,  eset  cybersecurity pro .. am trying to get rid of this warning from eset that makes using the computer a  real nightmare.

It says as quoted above to uninstall antivirus software .. do I uninstall my eset cyber security pro software,  or do I just install the new version of eset pro so I can start using my desktop computer without that warning showing up..