Submission of Samples waiting for the analysis results

The_Eagle_007

Today I submitted a suspected file via email. I had not used my primary ESET account email and used one of Yahoo email of mine. I had password protected the file with the password "infected" all lower case.

Any idea how much time will it take to get back the results of analysis via reply by ESET Labs.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, The_Eagle_007 said:

Today I submitted a suspected file via email. I had not used my primary ESET account email and used one of Yahoo email of mine. I had password protected the file with the password "infected" all lower case.

Any idea how much time will it take to get back the results of analysis via reply by ESET Labs.

From previous posts it appears it can take a bit and there's no guarantee of a reply

• Administrators

I was able to find only 2 duplicate emails sent from a Yahoo address (sXXXXXXXXX2@yahoo.com). The executable is quite popular and has been whitelisted so it's unlikely to be malicious.

@Marcos when will I get a reply with the analysis results over my email ? I seriously didnt like the support provided by ESET. I wanted to have the results of the analysis via email. Also please tell me does support being provided by ESET to Indian users ? Can you provide me live chat link of the chat support for India region ?

• Administrators

We don't guarantee providing a response on sample submission, especially if the sample falls in the grey zone. On the other hand, if it's clearly malicious a detection is added within minutes or hours during work days if a deeper manual analysis is required.