How to do a 100% scan with clean included?

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Will this work to do a 100% scan of the device and clean virus found?

Advanced Scans - Custom Scan - Check every box on location to be scanned - Advanced settings (none checked) - Scan as Administrator

I am quite worried as I got 15 system32 trojans... and the items got into "retained" (Now I am running the scan again to clean them), I hope I can restore the health of my device by just doing the scan I have mention above, not sure if I should do something additional to that.

That are the exact options I have chosen, I have selected too the "in-depth scan" option, which is right now running, it has inspected around 13 million items in 4 and half hours.

The 15 viruses that were left in "retained" has not been detected in this new scan yet.

Today and a few hours ago right after I restarted so windows 11 updates could be completed, my computer started crashing whenever I tried to open any file in my PC, it also takes very long to do anything, so it seems out of the sudden my laptop got severely infected. (I got an ACER NITRO AN-517, which is a fast device and had never caused me troubles before).

I will come here after the inspection is complete to give an update on how the software handled the viruses previously found, thanks for following up.

• Administrators

It could be that the threats were found in an archive containing also other clean files. Such archives are not cleaned/deleted automatically by default.

It seems that it is as you say, because I have (not yet completed) the scan and it shows the 15 viruses found not cleaned up.

What I have to do to clean these viruses? It would be of great help a guide on how to do it on these cases.

Edit, sorry the scan is not yet completed, the scan says the action is queued after the scan gets completed.

Edited by marshmalloow

As posted in the hidden sensitive log comment above, the 15 viruses were detected (again) in the in-depth scan, and only five were deleted.

Is there any way I can delete the remaining 10?

(I can't see the hidden post I have posted here with the data collected, tell me in case these are not visible to you).

Edited by marshmalloow

Update:

I just ran a "Smart Scan" with all the options as previously. (the first scan that detected the viruses was a Smart Scan too).

After the previous in-depth scan (lasted 11 hours of scan) deleted the 5 of 15 viruses, now all 15 are no longer detected, does this mean that the 15 viruses were actually just a triple copy of just 5 viruses?

Do I need to do again an in-depth scan to be sure? or I should feel safe after the most recent smart scan detected 0 viruses? // The computer now runs at its normal speed.

Edited by marshmalloow