Need help with ESET Endpoint antivirus

Alexb360

Hello,

So... last time, I came here because I had trouble installing ESET Endpoint antivirus. Now, I somehow managed to install it (don't ask me how, but it did) but I now have trouble activating it.

As always, the instructions aren't too detailed for individuals who aren't that familiar with the Terminal, so I might need your help with the activation. 

Thank you 

• Administrators

Please provide more details. Is Endpoint managed, ie. is the ESET managing agent installed? Do you get any error when attempting to activate via Help and support -> Change license ?

• ESET Staff

@AlexB Please specify the platform. Given the term "terminal" I would expect it is a Mac. Also, which version you have attempted to install / activate. If V7, then it is possible to be activated only using ESET PROTECT as it is "managed only" application, that does not support "non managed" setup. 

17 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please provide more details. Is Endpoint managed, ie. is the ESET managing agent installed? Do you get any error when attempting to activate via Help and support -> Change license ?

I'm on Ubuntu 20.04. The managing agent is installed but it says that it's not functional. I did not change license, I used the same license number I was provided in my email whe I first bought the product.