Interactive mode firewall being extremely slow

I've always run my firewall in Interactive mode, however recently I've noticed the interactive mode seems to be getting worse and worse. Case in point, I just downloaded the Blizzard battle.net installer. Running it to try and install the app, it couldn't connect to the internet to download the full installer, no popups from eset. Pausing the firewall and boom, instantly downloaded and installed.

Now I have it installed, I re-enabled the firewall, launched it and what do I get? Could not log into Blizzard services - server connection error. And I haven't had a single popup from Eset saying it's attempting to access the internet. Pause the firewall and it connects instantly and I'm able to login fine.

Obviously something seems to be wrong with the firewall here, and it's getting frustrating. One workaround I've been using is switching the firewall to learning mode which instantly creates the rule for the battle.net application, and then I can switch back to interactive mode again. However, I have noticed that it takes around 90 seconds to switch from one firewall mode to another which seems excessively long.

Happy to provide extra details because honestly the firewall is the main reason I pay for eset, and as things are it's becoming extremely frustrating to use.

Details:

Eset internet security 15.1.12.0

Windows 10 pro 21H2 build 19044.1706

Ryzen 9 5900X with 32Gb system ram, NVME SSD boot/install drive, so no hardware reason for things to be running slowly.

• Marcos changed the title to Interactive mode firewall being extremely slow
  • Administrators

How many firewall rules have you created? If possible, try:
- exporting the configuration
- uninstall ESET and install the latest version from scratch
- do not import the configuration, just change the firewall mode to interactive and create rules from scratch.

Does the issue still persist?

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

How many firewall rules have you created? If possible, try:
- exporting the configuration
- uninstall ESET and install the latest version from scratch
- do not import the configuration, just change the firewall mode to interactive and create rules from scratch.

Does the issue still persist?

Thanks for the reply. I currently have 389 rules in the list. I do go through the list from time to time to clear out any duplicated items, such as where application updates create new .exe files in version named folders, mostly msedgewebview and officeclicktorun.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling eset from scratch later today when I get the chance.