How to disable Active Directory sync?

Hello everybody, 

I just installed the newest ESET Endpoint Security and saw that it imported all devices from our Active Directory. I got a few newbie questions and I hope somebody can help me:

- Is it enough to delete the server-task for synchronisation to get rid of the AD importing?

- How can I get rid of all imported devices so I can still use them later?

- Where or how can I set that ESET looks for devices using IP ranges or the Windows network itself?

I am sorry, I already read the manuals but there was written that I can disable the Active Directory synchronisation while installing but that was clearly not possible! 

Thanks at all :)

• Administrators

Do you mean the Static group synchronization task in the ESET PROTECT console?

image.png

If so, it's not run automatically. If you don't use static groups and didn't use an all-in-one installer with the parent static group set, computers connecting to ESET PROTECT will appear in the Lost and found group.

Hello Marcos, 

thanks for your reply. Are you sure it doesn't run automatically? After I installed ESET on the server, it already imported all devices from Active Directory (problem is, there are still old devices that shouldn't be imported and I also want a different structure in ESET). 

I just read the rogue sensor should work for me, as it just adds devices that are found on the network. And I am able to set the networks I want to be used for searching.

How can I remove the already imported devices without any danger? Can I just mark them completely and remove them or do I have to use a "special procedure" for it (other solutions are pretty "picky" with that and if you do it wrong, the devices will not show up anymore)?

Thanks!