Exlcude by filenmae

Guest MarkHad

Dear Gurus,

I have a few Excel docs than run macros that would be deleted as a trojan.  I have excluded them by path and all is well.  My problem is that I cannot back them up.  I have a number of backup processes and then the backup versions of these files are flagged and deleted.  It would be very tricky to add all the paths for the backups as there lots of them (some are removable USBs) and they change.  Is there a way of excluding by just the filename and not the path so it is excluded wherever they are backed up to?

• Administrators

I would recommend submitting such detected file in an archive encrypted with the password "infected" to samples[at]eset.com.

If it's a false positive, the detection will be removed. If the detection is correct, it should not be safe to keep the files.

Guest MarkHad

Thank you.  I created the docs from scratch but they do all sorts of local file processing so there's a good chance they'll never pass any security.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Guest MarkHad said:

Thank you.  I created the docs from scratch but they do all sorts of local file processing so there's a good chance they'll never pass any security.

You can also drop me a personal message with such file attached. However, you may need to sign up for this forum first in order to be able to send personal messages.