Suspension of version upgrade, possible downgrade

Where is it possible to set the product not to upgrade automatically ?
For example current 15.0.23 to 15.1.12 . How to stay for some time at the last version ? Is it possible to possibly downgrade, i.e. 15.1.12 to 15.0.23 ?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, czesetfan said:

Where is it possible to set the product not to upgrade automatically ?
For example current 15.0.23 to 15.1.12 . How to stay for some time at the last version ? Is it possible to possibly downgrade, i.e. 15.1.12 to 15.0.23 ?

You can disable feature updates in the advanced update setup, however, we don't recommend doing so:

image.png

Downgrade is not possible without uninstalling ESET and using an older offline installer.

• Administrators

You probably have v15.1.12 installed so it will remain installed until we push a security and stability update. Those are installed regardless of the above setting. Why do you want to keep v15.1 installed and not upgrade to v16 when available?

So if I understand correctly, will I stay with this setup on 15.1.X ? 
My idea is to avoid situations like the one currently dealt with in this thread, for example: https://forum.eset.com/topic/31901-banking-payment-protection/

That is, to wait a few days to see if there are problems and then upgrade the version.

• Administrators

The linked topic actually concerns an improvement in v15.1. Until v15.,1, untrusted dlls where silently blocked from loading into the secure browser which resulted in many issues, e.g. with printing. V15.1 allowed to load such dlls but notified you about it by the red badge.

V15.1 now behaves like v15.0 and older, ie. untrusted dlls are blocked silently without the badge turning red.

It is strongly recommended to keep ESET always current because the latest versions:
- fix issues and bugs from previous versions
- add support for the latest versions of OS
- add new features  (e.g. protection features to better protect you from advanced threats)

We don't upgrade all users automatically but upgrades (so-called uPCU) are staggered and it takes usually weeks until all users get upgraded automatically. In the event of an issue affecting more users, we pause the update, a newer version or a fix is prepared and only then the update is resumed. Users who have upgraded before receive a fix, if affected. This is, however, not common and even our public beta builds are of high quality with just a few issues reported by beta users.

I understand your point of view and I agree that it needs to be gradually updated and innovated. I also understand that you are releasing the updates gradually. My point is just not to be "in the first wave". Wait a few days, and if there are no reported difficulties, upgrade.