Upon installation ESET asks me to remove Malwarebytes....

total
Go to solution Solved by total,

....but Malwarebytes was uninstalled (with the official uninstaller) more than 1 year ago , and I removed manually each and every registry key.

Where should I look further more for the remains of Malwarebytes?

Thanks!

• Administrators

I don't see any issue in the logs. ESET is installed and running, MBAM is not there whatsoever. The only reference to MBAM is a record from 2021 in logs: Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Ransomware\MBAMService.exe.

Thank you!

As I said, upon installation ESET asked me to remove Malwarebytes.I ignored it and I finished install.

However, see attached a part of the logs which says Found conflicting application "Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes.jpg

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

The only reference to MBAM is a record from 2021 in logs: Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Ransomware\MBAMService.exe.

Verify all MBAM related Win services have been removed. Also as I recollect, the MBAM uninstaller does not remove its associated drivers.

Also, this - C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Ransomware\MBAMService.exe - would be indicative of MBAM Anti-Ransomware being installed at some time. This is a separate product from the main MBAM offering and I believe no longer available.

Edited by itman

All the drivers were removed, as per this list:

image.png.f900e5124eb6fc0a06bc0758e42b787f.png

There is absolutely nothing in Program Files, Program Files(x86), Program Data or registry key related to Malwarebytes.

Edited by total

7 minutes ago, total said:

There is absolutely nothing in Program Files, Program Files(x86), Program Data or registry key related to Malwarebytes.

Open Win services and verify nothing MalwareBytes related exists there.

• Solution

I just searched "PC" for "Malwarebytes" and was an empty file "Malwarebytes Anti-exploit" in C:\Program data\Microsoft\Windows\Start menu\Programs.

Most likely this was the issue.

Thank you for your help.