Live Grid Problem

• ESET Insiders

And once again the LiveGrid does not work, the ports are and were always free, what can I do to make Live Grid work again

Live Grid geht mal wieder nicht.JPG

Do you get the same "greyed" no Rep status display if you check the Rep status for a .exe via Explorer context menu option?

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders
14 hours ago, itman said:

Do you get the same "greyed" no Rep status display if you check the Rep status for a .exe via Explorer context menu option?

Yes, is the Same! 

• ESET Insiders

I'm at a loss Itman, have two connections, once at Telekom and once at Vodafone and with both providers It doesn't work, really don't know what else I can do there, I think that Eset might have to become active!

Below are URLs and Ip address used by LiveGrid. You can start by pinging them to see if you have connectivity to them.

To use the online reputation database (ESET LiveGrid):

• Ensure the following ports are open: TCP 80, TCP 53535, UDP 53535
  • The IP addresses below have to be enabled for HTTP port 80
  • Access to your local DNS server is required for DNS queries on UDP port 53

Hostname

h1-c01.eset.com

h1-c02.eset.com

h1-c03.eset.com

h1-c04.eset.com

h1-c05.eset.com

h3-c01.eset.com

h3-c02.eset.com

h3-c03.eset.com

h3-c04.eset.com

h5-c01.eset.com, 38-90-226-11.ptr.eset.com

h5-c02.eset.com, 38-90-226-12.ptr.eset.com

h5-c03.eset.com, 38-90-226-13.ptr.eset.com

IP address

Edited by itman

There is also this.

I assume you are not receiving Eset alerts about LiveGrid connectivity issues?

Looking through the other recent postings on LiveGrid issues, I am starting to suspect this problem might be related to third party DNS provider use; e.g. Cloudfare. Are you using your ISP DNS servers or a third party one?

• ESET Insiders
16 hours ago, itman said:

There is also this.

I assume you are not receiving Eset alerts about LiveGrid connectivity issues?

Looking through the other recent postings on LiveGrid issues, I am starting to suspect this problem might be related to third party DNS provider use; e.g. Cloudfare. Are you using your ISP DNS servers or a third party one?

No I do not receive a notification about Live Grid connection problems, I take the DNS servers of my providers.

1 hour ago, SlashRose said:

No I do not receive a notification about Live Grid connection problems, I take the DNS servers of my providers.

First, verify that you haven't previously disabled the "LiveGrid not accessible" notification in Eset.

Using a TCP/UDP connection monitor such as SysInternals TCPView, you should be seeing a connection to one of the LiveGrid server URLs previously posted at system startup time. Note that this is not a permanent connection. Ditto for when you perform the Running Processes Rep check via Eset GUI Tools option.

• ESET Insiders

Eset is connected to the Live Grid Server, so I don't really understand the whole thing, maybe a mistake of the Gui?

The Live Grid notification is also on.

Edited by SlashRose

5 hours ago, SlashRose said:

Eset is connected to the Live Grid Server, so I don't really understand the whole thing, maybe a mistake of the Gui?

Does a reinstall of Eset resolve the issue?

Also, are you using a VPN?

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders

Yes, I have a VPN, but it is rarely used and since it has portforwording, the ports are also unlocked there and the Live Grid Gui does not work via this either.    Since I am once again convinced that a new installation because bug does not fix, because this is not the first version where there were live grid problems and I bet on the next build it will work again. My observation is that Eset has been having problems all the time since Windows 10 was released!

The next time this happens, immediately open the Eset GUI. Then select Network protection -> Troubleshooting wizard and see if shows any block connections.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders
On 2/9/2022 at 1:08 AM, itman said:

The next time this happens, immediately open the Eset GUI. Then select Network protection -> Troubleshooting wizard and see if shows any block connections.

Even if the Live Grid Gui does not work, connections are blocked, only the reputation is then not displayed there!

17 minutes ago, SlashRose said:

Even if the Live Grid Gui does not work, connections are blocked, only the reputation is then not displayed there!

If the information is not showing up, the eset product must have a BUG. developers have to fix it.

• ESET Insiders
2 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

If the information is not showing up, the eset product must have a BUG. developers have to fix it.

That's my talk all the time, especially since the bug has been around for a few builds!