Hash file => SHA-256

An alternative would be to log in via Terminal and execute Powershell command "Get-FileHash".

PS: add "|Format-List" to format the output as a list:
1248355858_Screenshotfrom2022-01-1913-21-55.png.1fea93c8d23e407f2ba85ca8305a5e3c.png

Edited by Jamil-soc

• ESET Staff

Hello OdoArdTus,

In the latest version 1.6 of ESET Enterprise Inspector it is possible to view not only SHA1 hash values as the default but also their SHA256 values of executables in the executable details view. 

Additionally if you require also MD5 hash values to be calculated for executables then this can be configured via EI Agent policy from ESET PROTECT (see screenshot below). MD5_hash_config.png

If your are using an older version of EEI it is possible to enable SHA256 calculation via policy just like for MD5. 

If you wish to block executables via EEI it is currently only possible to do so based on SHA1 values. SHA256 is planned for the future but I do not have a precise date for you yet.

Adam, EEI Product Manager 

9 hours ago, Adam Luzsicza said:

Hello OdoArdTus,

In the latest version 1.6 of ESET Enterprise Inspector it is possible to view not only SHA1 hash values as the default but also their SHA256 values of executables in the executable details view. 

Additionally if you require also MD5 hash values to be calculated for executables then this can be configured via EI Agent policy from ESET PROTECT (see screenshot below). MD5_hash_config.png

If your are using an older version of EEI it is possible to enable SHA256 calculation via policy just like for MD5. 

If you wish to block executables via EEI it is currently only possible to do so based on SHA1 values. SHA256 is planned for the future but I do not have a precise date for you yet.

Adam, EEI Product Manager 

I Think the OdoArdTus is referring to sha256 calculation for files, as in .docx, .xlsx, jpeg,  etc. and not executables and DLL's, Please correct me if I'm wrong :)