Scan Scheduleder Not Working Correctly

nosteele

I am using Paid ESET Nod Antivirus v 7.0.302.26 on a Windows 7 machine.

I have two types of scans set up in Scheduler:  both are on demand computer scans: a daily scan and a weekly deep scan.  Both are set up to wait until the next scheduled times to run the scans if the scans cannot be run at the scheduled times.

I am finding that instead of waiting for the next scheduled times, the scans run as soon as I log back into my computer which means they are running while I am attempting to use my computer instead of waiting to scan during the early a.m. hours I have scheduled them for.

Can someone help me troubleshoot this with me?

Hello,

I would suggest deleting the objects and re-creating them again.

Also even  though you stated they are set for next scheduled time, be sure that Run as soon as possible isn't checked. :)

I think he means that the scan should start if he unlock it's computer. Or are I'm wrong?

If this is the case I can say you that the scans also can run in the background if no user is logged in or the computer is locked.

Or do you - @@nosteele - mean that your scan should start directly after starting your computer if it was not run? In this case you should check the box "Run as soon as possible".

But the option "next scheduled time" is something different.

@@Arakasi: It is also possible to edit a rule, no need to delete and recreate it.

Edited by rugk

Something may have gone wrong during creation, no editing is not sufficient. Delete it, and re-create it.

Ahh... yes. It was an error and not a question how do make it...

Sorry for confusing.

Edited by rugk

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I have just gone ahead and deleted/recreated the scheduled scan and once again set it up so that the scan will be skipped if missed and will run at the next scheduled scan time.  Will see what happens.

Thanks again!

• Administrators

I, for one, don't see any reason for running daily scans of entire disks. Once per week or month should be enough. If you have more on-demand scan tasks scheduled and they are not run at a scheduled time for whatever reason, it could happen that they will be run simultaneously which might badly affect system performance.