Latest update prevents videos on tube sites from playing properly

Hello,

For a few weeks (since the update do 15.0.21.0 I reckon) now I am experiencing a lot of troubles when viewing videos on certain (not all) tube-sites. The videos start alright, but when I skip a few minutes forward, it just stops and i get a loading sign. When I try to download a video from such a site after it hangs, the download just hangs on 'starting'. 

After a long day of trial and error, I found the culprit to be Eset Internet Security. Whenever I turned Security and Firewall off temporarily, I would still have these problems. However, after uninstalling Eset, all problems were gone. After reinstalling Eset, the problems came back.

How can I fix this problem?

24 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Does switching to the pre-release update channel in the advanced update setup make a difference?

Wow, thanks, this did the trick it seems!

Thank you so much, I was on the verge of a complete system format.

6 minutes ago, NewbyUser said:

Which particular videoes? I haven't noticed any slowdowns and watch quite a few YT vids.

Youtube worked fine, a couple of (big popular) 18+ tube sites were not working, while others were working fine.

But it seems to be fixed now, thanks all

• 4 weeks later...

I think I've been having similar issues.

Since October 2021, I was unable to view videos that were larger than 50MB or so via my web app (content stored on S3 buckets, delivered via AWS CloudFront). I finally figured out the cause (or I believe it is) and that is that ESET is choking up on reading SSL certificates from Amazon. No errors are shown in the console or networking in dev tools, however the timing shows that the request is stalled.

After changing the SSL/TLS settings in ESET and choosing to ignore the url of the content that is delivered via AWS CloudFront, the video files are displayed correctly.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Mathew O said:

After changing the SSL/TLS settings in ESET and choosing to ignore the url of the content that is delivered via AWS CloudFront, the video files are displayed correctly.

Please change it back and check if the issue still occurs. We believe it should not.

16 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please change it back and check if the issue still occurs. We believe it should not.

I followed the advice given in the comments a few comments above "Does switching to the pre-release update channel in the advanced update setup make a difference?" and removed the changes I made to the SSL/TLS settings and it is working fine now!

Can anyone give an explanation why switching to the pre-release update channel in the advanced update setup allows ESET to properly handle SSL certificates issued by Amazon while the latest update doesn't?

This affects 1000's of my users who use both ESET and our product that is based on AWS.

12 hours ago, Mathew O said:

Can anyone give an explanation why switching to the pre-release update channel in the advanced update setup allows ESET to properly handle SSL certificates issued by Amazon while the latest update doesn't?

View Eset pre-release updates as the equal to Win 10 preview updates. Just as Microsoft test verifies their preview updates for issues prior to releasing them, Eset does the same for pre-release updates. However, this does not guaranty that issues might arise on select devices for any number of reasons.

The whole purpose of preview/pre-release updating is to monitor for unknown problems that might arise from them. If no issues are documented, the update is pushed to devices as the final; i.e. production, version.

Edited by itman

On 1/13/2022 at 11:49 PM, itman said:

View Eset pre-release updates as the equal to Win 10 preview updates. Just as Microsoft test verifies their preview updates for issues prior to releasing them, Eset does the same for pre-release updates. However, this does not guaranty that issues might arise on select devices for any number of reasons.

The whole purpose of preview/pre-release updating is to monitor for unknown problems that might arise from them. If no issues are documented, the update is pushed to devices as the final; i.e. production, version.

Thank you for the explanation!